A senior honors thesis is a chance to investigate an idea, theoretical issue, policy problem, or historical situation of keen economic interest. All ec senior thesis writers are required to take an Ec 985 Senior Thesis Seminar.
Resources for Writing an Ec Thesis
- Thesis Canvas page
- Senior Thesis Guide, 2020-21
- Thesis Registration and Advisor Form (deadline: 10/5/20)
Ec 985 Agreement for non-Ec Concentrators (deadline: 10/5/20)
- Check out Why to Write a Senior Thesis in Economics by Professor Benjamin Friedman.
- Our Writing Economics guide is a great reference for thesis writers, as well as for anyone doing any writing in economics (course paper, RAship, etc.).
- Thesis Formatting Guidelines (updated 3/2020)
- Sortable Thesis Advisor List, 2020-21 (updated 8/17/20)
- Economics Senior Thesis Titles through 2020, available in Harvard Archives
- Advice from former thesis writers
Advice for juniors thinking about a thesis (updated 8/2019)
- Undergraduate Research at Harvard, a source of info on research funding, research opportunities like BLISS, PRISE, PRIMO, and more.
- Harvard Libraries Resources
- Sources for research funding on our website and through the College
Human Subjects research and the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Any research that involves experiments, surveys, human subjects, or uses previously gathered data on human subjects containing identifying information must seek IRB approval.
- Apply through Harvard's Committee on the Use of Human Subjects (CUHS).
- Fall 2020 Human Subject Training Seminars for undergraduates: Posted here.
- Guidance about research that may need IRB approval and steps to follow for approval.
- FAQs about human subjects research.
- If you have questions, please contact a staff member at CUHS.