Throughout the year, there are always many opportunities available to undergraduates to enhance your knowledge and experience in the field of Economics. Below are different types of opportunities currently available.
On July 31st, the Ec Department will launch the second round of its Semester Undergraduate Program for Economics Research (SUPER), which pairs students with faculty for semester-long RA positions. Find details on our website.
Types of Opportunities:
Course Assistant: Professor Ben Enke is seeking a course assistant for Economics and Morality. The CA will collaborate with Prof. Enke and TFs on various aspects of the course. A strong knowledge of Stata is a must (posted 7/26/2021)
Part-Time Research Assistant: Chika Okafor, a PhD Candidate in Economics at Harvard University and JD Graduate of Yale Law School is seeking a part-time Research Assistant to work on various projects (posted 7/7/2021)
Pathways to Research and Doctoral Careers (PREDOC): A one-stop place where undergraduate students from any backgrounds can find all the information they need, including available RA job positions around the country, educational material to prepare for e.g. data tests, guidance on courses to take, testimonials, and more (posted 10/13/2020)
- Research Internships: The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is seeking summer interns for 2021. Interns will learn about economics in the United States through the perspective of the Federal Reserve System (posted 9/29/2020)
- Qualitative Research Analyst Internship: Stevens Capital Management LP is offering full-time summer internships and part-time work throughout the school year. Available for qualified students at each of the undergraduate, masters, and PhD levels (reposted 10/7/2020)
- Internship and full post-grad opportunities: Avascent (reposted 10/7/2020)
- Research Assistants: Economics Studies Program at Brookings Institution is seeking research assistants for various projects (reposted 10/7/2020)
Compilation of job opportunities for graduating seniors interested in research-based careers.
Research Fellow: MIT Blueprint Labs is seeking a full time research fellow to support market design research and other initiatives. Applications due Sep 27 (posted 7/27/2021)
Full Time Research Specialist: Princeton University's Industrial Relations Section is seeking a full time research specialist to assist faculty members in all aspects of research (posted 7/21/2021)
Full Time Research Assistant: The Mongan Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to support the research activities of investigators within the Program for Clinical Economics and Policy Analysis (CEPA) beginning in summer/fall 2021 (posted 4/27/2021)
Full Time Pre-Doctoral Fellow: Professors Ben Enke and Thomas Graeber (HBS) are seeking a full time pre-doctoral fellow for the academic year 2021-2022 to collaborate on all aspects of research (posted 3/31/2021)
- Full Time Research Assistants: The Brookings Institution’s Economic Studies Program is seeking to hire approximately 6-8 new assistants. Research assistants are hired for two year appointments (posted 8/19/2020)
- Harvard Culture Lab Innovation Fund: Funding opportunities for advancing diversity, inclusion, and belonging through technology driven solutions. All Harvard students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and academic personnel are eligible to apply.
- All Harvard Fellowships from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowship
- Harvard College Funding Sources Database
- Harvard University CARAT (Common Application for Funding and Travel)
- Making the Most of Funding Sources at Harvard (Powerpoint)
- Various links for funding opportunities in economics
- Echoing Green Fellowships for funding opportunities social entrepreneurship
- Frank N. Newman Undergraduate Research Fund in Economics, rolling acceptance
- The Davis Center for research related to Russia and Eurasia.
- Ec Dept Undergraduate Research and Travel Fund, rolling acceptance (thesis writers only)
- IQSS-OTD Entrepreneurship Program
- Seminars, Workshops, and Conferences:
Journal Calls for Undergrad Papers:
- Columbia University Journal of Politics and Society: Publishing opportunities for all undergraduates.
- Center for Global Development Report: Publishing opportunities on topics of girls' education and female economic empowerment.
- The Duke University Journal of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics: Publishing opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
Competitions and Prizes:
- Harvard Prize Office Prize Descriptions, for student achievements (esp. great for thesis writers: if you need to send thesis comments, contact email@example.com)
- Brevia, Harvard College Undergraduate Research Associate Publication, holds competitions, interviews, and writing submissions throughout the year.
Career Panels and Advice:
- Econ RA Guide: Offers a community resource based off of current and former RAs in Economics.
- Application Strategy Sessions: Harvard College Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (URAF) is offering sessions to undergraduates to get tips about finalizing their application components (essays, resumes, and letters of recommendation) for programs in the Harvard Summer Undergraduate Research Village (PRISE, BLISS, PRIMO, SHARP, SURGH, and SPUDS).
- The Pre-College Research Institute (PCRi) is seeking students to join the founding team. This organization will be a student-run initiative to match traditionally underrepresented high school students with research institutes, primary investigators, and other research opportunities across the country.
Graduate School Advertisements
- Columbia Business School: Online classes in business
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Kellogg Future Leaders. MBA deferred enrollment program. This program is for undergraduate seniors and master’s students with no work experience who can apply (and be accepted) before they finish their degree.
- PhD in Operations Management, NYU Stern School of Business
- MA programs at the George Washington University that focus on applied economics and international economic policy
- The New School : MA/MS Degree Programs in International Affairs
- Silver Scholars Program, Yale School of Management
- PhD in Economics at the University of Florida
- Master in Finance at Princeton University
- McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown
- School of Environment and Sustainability, University of Michigan
- Systems Engineering, Cornell
The FRED Blog Visit the blog to learn more about FRED’s database, and get tips and lessons in data literacy.