Non-Stipendary Research Appointments
A research appointment is necessary for any visitor who does not pay tuition. Research appointments include post-doctoral fellows, visiting scholars, and associates of the department.
The application rules for research appointments in the Harvard Economics Department are as follows:
- The Harvard Economics Department does not have a formal program for researchers who wish to visit the department.
- Nevertheless, some ad hoc research appointments are occasionally made by the department.
- Applicants should have a PhD and must have a Harvard Economics Department faculty sponsor.
- Requests for such appointments should be emailed to David Wright, (email@example.com). These applications will be evaluated by a Departmental committee with the authority to make these appointments.
- The applicant should submit a cover letter at least three months prior to arrival, a vita, and a description of the purpose of the visit and the research that will be implemented. The applicant should also name the faculty member who will sponsor them.
- Additional materials may be requested by the committee.
- All visiting appointments must be a minimum of 3 months.