Assistant Director of Graduate Studies
- Supervise and direct the administration of the Economics Ph.D. program and manage daily operations of the Graduate Office.
- Serve as the liaison for Economics, Business Economics and PEG students with department faculty, partner FAS departments, financial aid officers, and the offices of the Registrar, GSAS, and Student Affairs.
- Advise the Graduate Instruction Committee regarding GSAS policy and procedure, program coordination, and student academic progress.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Graduate Office Operating Budget and various student travel and research funding.
- Plan and lead the Graduate admissions cycle by utilizing Apply Yourself and GCAST for an average applicant pool of 700.
- Coordinate and oversee all activities associated with the annual two-day Admit Days for the 35 admitted students.
- Partner with the Placement Committee to assist students throughout the Job Market process, including managing the placement website, arranging faculty mock interviews, reviewing CVs, and organizing informational meetings.
- Recruit, hire, and manage Teaching Fellows/Assistants for approximately 70 courses each year.
- Maintain graduate records and track academic progress using GSAS Student Progress to Degree database and the Department database.
- Counsel and guide students with academic/emotional distress and intervene appropriately
Littauer Center 201