A senior honors thesis is a chance to investigate an idea, theoretical issue, policy problem, or historical situation of keen economic interest. All senior thesis writers take an Ec 985 Senior Thesis Tutorials.
Resources and Details on Writing an Ec Thesis
Check out Why to Write a Senior Thesis in Economics by Professor Benjamin Friedman.
Our Writing Economics guide is a great reference for thesis writers, as well as for anyone doing any writing in economics (course paper, RAship, etc.).
- Senior Thesis Guide 2018-19
- Juniors: Slides from Jr. Thesis-Interest Meeting (3/27/18)
- Juniors: 2018-19 Thesis Interest Worksheet
- Sortable Thesis Advisor List 2017-18
- Economics Senior Theses through 2018, available in Harvard Archives
- Advice for juniors thinking about a thesis
- Advice from former thesis writers (updated Aug. 2017)
Thesis Formatting Guidelines (updated Jan. 2018)
- 2017-18 Thesis Writers: Slides and videos from Fall 2017 All-Thesis Meetings; advice on finishing your thesis from Prof. Miron
- Undergraduate Research at Harvard, a source of info on research funding, research opportunities like BLISS, PRISE, PRIMO, and more.
- Harvard Libraries Resources
- Sources for research funding on our website and through the College
Human Subjects research and the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Any research that involves experiments, surveys, human subjects, or uses previously gathered data on human subjects containing identifying information must seek IRB approval.
- Apply through Harvard's Committee on the Use of Human Subjects (CUHS).
- Spring 2018 Human Subject Training Seminars for undergraduates: TBA, but check here for updates.
- Guidance about research that may need IRB approval and steps to follow for approval.
- FAQs about human subjects research.
- If you have questions, please contact a staff member at CUHS.