The department is committed to supporting graduating students in their efforts to secure meaningful employment in the field. The faculty member appointed as placement officer meets individually with students on the market and coordinates the faculty effort to promote job market candidates from Harvard to potential employers.
CV and Webpages
- Directions for setting up an webpage for the job market candidates, and the logo to download and use in creating the page.
- Curriculum Vitae Template for Harvard Economics Job Market Candidates (* in Word using table layout; turn on "view gridlines") and general information on constructing your Curriculum Vitae.
- Job Market Timetable
- Getting Started
- August (#1)
- September (#2)
- October (#3)
- The Ten Most Important Rules of Writing Your Job Market Paper
- John Cawley Guide and Job Market Advice
- On Writing Well; The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
- Tips and Advice (from former students)
- Love the Market
- David Laibson's Tips
- Defense Preparation
The Office of Career Services offers a wide range of services and resources tailored specifically to the needs of graduate students. To receive program updates and job postings, please subscribe to the GSAS Academic Career Listserv.