Jobs, RAs, Internships
- Part Time Research Assistant: Profs. David Parkes, Elie Tamer. RA will assist in implementing an online platform to display randomized emails and to record yes/no questions responses as well as to develop pipeline to filter emails based on regular expressions. If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (posted 7/27/2020)
- Qualitative Research Analyst Internship: Stevens Capital Management LP, Opportunities, including full-time summer internships and part-time work throughout the school year, are available for qualified students at each of the undergraduate, masters and PhD levels (posted 4/03/2020)
- Internship and full post-grad opportunities, Avascent (posted 09/11/19)
- Research Assistant, Economics Studies Program at Brookings Institution (posted 09/11/19)
- Full Time Research Assistantship- Health Policy, Mass General Hospital. The Health Policy Research Center at the Mongan Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a full-time paid Research Assistant to support the research activities of investigators within the Program for Clinical Economics and Policy Analysis (CEPA) for two full years, beginning in fall 2020 (posted 7/21/2020)
- EPoD Research Fellow: This specific fellowship be will under the direction of Professor Rema Hanna and focus on projects in Indonesia, with opportunities to interface with other researchers and support additional projects. Seeking a full-time research fellow for 9 to 12 months (posted 7/20/2020)
- Research Associate: Economist Incorporated seeking a full time, entry level Research Associate to begin immediately. Applicants considering this position are welcome to send cover letter, resume and transcripts to email@example.com (posted 6/29/2020)
Full Time Research Assistants with the Economics Pre-Doctoral Fellows Program at Yale University: Supporting policy-relevant economics research by providing a high-quality education and training experience for individuals with bachelor’s or master’s degrees who are considering pursuing a Ph.D. in economics or a closely related discipline (posted 11/18/19)
- US PIRG Fellowship: One year program designed to prepare future leaders with US PIRG (posted 11/08/19)
- Harvard Culture Lab Innovation Fund: Advancing Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging through Technology Driven Solutions. All Harvard students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and academic personnel are eligible to apply.
- All Harvard Fellowships from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowship
- Harvard College Funding Sources Database
- Harvard University CARAT (Common Application for Funding and Travel)
- Making the Most of Funding Sources at Harvard (Powerpoint)
- Various links for funding opportunities in economics
- Echoing Green Fellowships for social entrepreneurship
- Frank N. Newman Undergraduate Research Fund in Economics, rolling acceptance
- The Davis Center for research related to Russia and Eurasia.
- Ec Dept Undergraduate Research and Travel Fund, rolling acceptance (thesis writers only)
Other Interesting Opportunities
The FRED Blog starts with the data and builds a story for you. Visit the blog to gain some economic insights, learn more about FRED’s amazing database, and get tips and lessons in data literacy.
Seminars and Conferences: (none right now)
Events: (none right now)
Journal Calls for Undergrad Papers:
- Interested in the topic of girls' education and female economic empowerment? Here's an opportunity to write a background note on the topic for a forthcoming Center for Global Development report.
- Journal of Sino-American Affairs (JOSA): JOSA is a student-led, student-run publication that seeks to provide a forum for young leaders to publish and discuss political, economic, and cultural topics relevant to U.S.-China relations.
- Ohio State University's Journal of Politics & International Affairs is seeking qualified student submissions to be published in the Spring 2020 issue.
- The Duke University Journal of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics: Peer reviewed, taking submissions from all undergraduate and graduate students
- Columbia Economics Review, the journal of the Department of Economics at Columbia University (rolling)
- Lemelson-MIT Student Prize, a national invention competition that recognizes teams of undergraduate students who have a tested prototype of one invention and individual graduate students who have tested prototypes of two or more inventions. The initial application deadline is Friday, September 25, 2020
- Harvard Prize Office Prize Descriptions, for student achievements (esp. great for thesis writers: if you need to send thesis comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brevia, Harvard College Undergraduate Research Associate Publication, holds competitions, interviews, and writing submissions throughout the year
Workshops and Competitions:
East Coast Regional Datathon Virtual Competition. Students to work on challenging problems while engaging with real-world data in a competitive, team-based setting. Participating students will compete for $25,000 in cash prizes, and will also be eligible for exclusive recruiting opportunities with Citadel LLC and Citadel Securities
- Career Panels and Advice: (none right now)
Masters and PhD Program advertisements
- Columbia Business School: Online classes in business
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics: Attracting applications from all over the World and students from the top undergrad programs in the U.S. The academic excellence of the school rests on the talent and drive of our teaching and research faculty, which has positioned the Barcelona GSE consistently among the world's top research groups.Barcelona GSE Master’s connects students with top‑ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni, and a strong recruiter network.
- Kellogg Future Leaders. MBA deferred enrollment program. This program is specifically for these high potential undergraduate seniors and master’s students with no work experience who can apply (and be accepted) before they even finish their degree.
- PhD in Operations Management, NYU Stern School of Business
- MA programs at the George Washington University that focus on applied economics and international economic policy
- The New School : MA/MS Degree Programs in International Affairs
- Silver Scholars Program, Yale School of Management
- PHD in Economics at the University of Florida
- Master in Finance at Princeton University
- Master of Science and Technology at ASU
- McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown
- School of Environment and Sustainability, University of Michigan
- Systems Engineering, Cornell