Jobs, RAs, Internships
- Research Assistant: Francois-Xavier Ladant and Louise Paul-Delvauz, Ph.D. candidates in the Harvard Economics Department. 120 hr, $18/hr (posted 10/18/19)
- Graders, Harvard Extension School, Professor Bruce Watson (posted 09/11/19)
- Research Assistant fluent in English and Spanish (posted 9/11/19)
- Internship and full post-grad opportunities, Avascent (posted 09/11/19)
- Research Assistant, Economics Studies Program at Brookings Institution (posted 09/11/19)
- Volunteer Clinical Operations Officer at Village Health Works, based in Burundi (posted 7/11/19)
- Full Time Data Analyst: The Health Policy Research Center at the Mongan Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a full-time Data Analyst to support the research activities of two investigators within the Program for Clinical Economics and Policy Analysis (CEPA), beginning in summer 2020. Specifically, the Data Analyst will work with a team of investigators on externally funded research studies that focus on examining the clinical and economic effects of health care policy, including Medicare financing, insurance coverage expansion, and mental health services research (posted 2/18/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistantship- Health Policy Massachusetts General Hospital, Health Policy Research Center, for two full years beginning Summer 2020. Reporting to John Hsu, MD, MBA, MSCE, and Vicki Fung, PhD, the Research Assistant will play a key role in conducting research that examines the clinical and economic effects of health care policy changes in the United States, including insurance coverage expansion, payment reform, and delivery system change (posted 2/18/2020)
Book Research Assistant: Paid hourly. Assist in research on economic forces (social inequality), modern childhood and achievement pressure, to aid Harvard Alum Jennie Wallace in her new book for Penguin Random House (posted 2/13/2020)
Full Time Pre-Doctoral Research Assistant, Professor Amanda E. Kowalski, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2 years beginning Summer 2020. Involved in several stages of the research process, including research design, data analysis, and writing and editing of manuscripts. Besides working directly on research, research assistants also have opportunities to attend weekly seminars in economics and to get regular feedback on their proposed research ideas, rolling admission. (posted 1/13/2020)
Full Time Research Assistant: Professor Günter J. Hitsch is hiring a full-time research assistant to start around July 1, 2020. This full-time RA will be working on projects at the boundary between Business Analytics/Quantitative Marketing and Industrial Organization (posted 12/17/19)
Full Time Research Assistant: Professor Anastasia Zakolyukina, August 1, 2020. Projects in opportunistic accounting discretion and its interaction with firms’ investment choices, linguistic-analysis of corporate disclosures, and individual traits of corporate executives (posted 12/03/19)
Full Time Research Assistants: The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center seeks research assistants (RA) to help analyze federal, state, and local tax and budget policies (posted 11/18/19)
Full Time Research Assistant: Professors Anya Kleymenova and Rimmy Tomy are hiring a full-tine research assistant to start around July 1, 2020. This full-time RA will be working on projects in bank accounting, financial institutions and reporting, and disclosure regulation (posted 11/18/19)
Full Time Research Assistants with the Economics Pre-Doctoral Fellows Program at Yale University: Supporting policy-relevant economics research by providing a high-quality education and training experience for individuals with bachelor’s or master’s degrees who are considering pursuing a Ph.D. in economics or a closely related discipline (posted 11/18/19)
- Two Full Time Research Fellow Positions: June 2020, Yale Law School. Ian Ayres, the William K. Townsend Professor at Yale Law School, and Zachary Liscow, Associate Professor at Yale Law School, are seeking two empirical research assistants to assist with research projects (posted 11/18/19)
- Full Time Research Assistant:: Professors Alex Imas and Avner Strulov-Shlain. This full-time RA will be working on projects in behavioral economics, marketing, and behavioral finance (posted 11/08/19)
- US PIRG Fellowship: One year program designed to prepare future leaders with US PIRG (posted 11/08/19)
- Full Time Research Analyst: Education Analytics (posted 11/08/19)
- Research Assistants: Opportunity Insights with Raj Chetty, John Friedman, and Nathaniel Hendren. Two year position beginning July 1, 2020 (posted 10/11/19)
- Harvard Teaching Fellow (posted 10/01/19)
- Full Time Research Assistant: Professor Dan Benjamin (USC) hiring summer 2020 research assistant interested in behavioral economics research (posted 10/11/19)
- Research Specialist Full Time: Woodrow Wilson School and Department of Economics (posted 10/11/19)
- Pre Doctoral Fellowship Program: Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (posted 09/23/19)
- Research Assistant Positions, Spring/ Summer 2020: Board of Governors and the 12 Federal Reserve Banks (posted 09/23/19)
- Full Time Research Fellows: Stanford Law Professors seeking Spring/Summer 2020 Research Fellows (posted 09/23/19)
- Research Analysts: Center for Radical Innovation for Social Change, University of Chicago (posted 09/23/19)
- Research Analysts: Federal Reserve Bank of New York (posted 09/23/19)
- Full Time Research Assistant- MIT Professor Amy Finkelstein (posted 09/11/19)
- Analysts, Charles River Associates, The Antitrust and Competition Practice (posted 09/11/19)
- Analyst and Summer Analysts, Cornerstone Research (posted 09/11/19)
- Research Associates, Summer Interns wanted at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (posted 09/12/19).
- Eugene R. Cummings Senior Thesis Prize in LGBT Studies: Harvard University Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality will award $1000 to the best senior thesis on a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender Studies topic from any department or program at Harvard due April 17, 3pm.
- Bowdoin Prize: $10,000, medal, signed certificate from the President of the University. Undergraduate Essays in the English Language: 11:59 p.m. on March 26, 2020. Undergraduate Essay in the Natural Sciences: 11:59 p.m. on April 2, 2020.
- Funding available through Weiss Fund for Research in Development Economics. Applications for research project funding through the Weiss Fund for Research in Development Economics are now being accepted. Undergraduate and graduate students, as well as tenure-track faculty, are eligible to apply. The details of the call and application guidelines are available on the program website: https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/wfrde. Expressions of Interest to be evaluated in the Spring 2020 funding round are due by March 15, 2020. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Harvard Culture Lab Innovation Fund: Advancing Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging through Technology Driven Solutions. All Harvard students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and academic personnel are eligible to apply.
- All Harvard Fellowships from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowship
- Harvard College Funding Sources Database
- Harvard University CARAT (Common Application for Funding and Travel)
- Making the Most of Funding Sources at Harvard (Powerpoint)
- Various links for funding opportunities in economics
- Echoing Green Fellowships for social entrepreneurship
- Frank N. Newman Undergraduate Research Fund in Economics, rolling acceptance
- The Davis Center for research related to Russia and Eurasia.
- Ec Dept Undergraduate Research and Travel Fund, rolling acceptance (thesis writers only)
Other Interesting Opportunities
The FRED Blog starts with the data and builds a story for you. Visit the blog to gain some economic insights, learn more about FRED’s amazing database, and get tips and lessons in data literacy.
Seminars and Conferences:
MATLAB Boot Camp Spring 2020: Lu Wang, Nicholas Colella, Chris Stubbs, and Adam Cohen are coordinating an introductory 'boot camp' in MATLAB.
6th International Conference on New Trends in Econometrics and Finance (ICNTEF’20) which will be held at Kyrenia, North Cyprus between April 16 – 18, 2020.
- Events: (none right now)
Journal Calls for Undergrad Papers:
- Ohio State University's Journal of Politics & International Affairs is seeking qualified student submissions to be published in the Spring 2020 issue.
- The Duke University Journal of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics: Peer reviewed, taking submissions from all undergraduate and graduate students
- Columbia Economics Review, the journal of the Department of Economics at Columbia University (rolling)
- Synergy, the Journal of Contemporary Asian Studies (rolling)
- Harvard Prize Office Prize Descriptions, for student achievements (esp. great for thesis writers: if you need to send thesis comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brevia, Harvard College Undergraduate Research Associate Publication, holds competitions, interviews, and writing submissions throughout the year
Workshops and Competitions:
- The Econometrics Game is organized by UChicago's Undergraduate Economics Research organization, Oeconomica, and the Becker Friedman Institute. Students from all around the US gather to compete against each other and put their prowess of Econometrics to the test.
- The President’s Innovation Challenge is a call to action for Harvard students passionate about developing ideas that make a difference. It celebrates what we can accomplish through collaboration, ingenuity, and rigorous exploration. And it’s a challenge to imagine all the ways we can do good, better.
- Up to Us Competition
- Career Panels and Advice: (none right now)
Summer Programs/ Internships:
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) 2020 Program: University of Southern California’s #1 ranked private school of pharmacy has a summer program, Application Deadline 03/04/2020, Program runs 06//01-08/07,2020.
- Paid On-Campus Internship: National Society of Leadership and Success, develop real-world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing, and event planning.
- Summer Internship Program: St Louis Federal Reserve Bank
- Summer Analyst: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Masters and PhD Program advertisements
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics: Attracting applications from all over the World and students from the top undergrad programs in the U.S. The academic excellence of the school rests on the talent and drive of our teaching and research faculty, which has positioned the Barcelona GSE consistently among the world's top research groups.Barcelona GSE Master’s connects students with top‑ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni, and a strong recruiter network.
- Master of Public Administration in International Development (MPA/ID) Program at Harvard Kennedy School will be holding an info session for undergraduates about career paths in international development and planning ahead for graduate school. 02/27/2020 from 6:00pm-7:00pm Wexner G02
- PhD in Operations Management, NYU Stern School of Business
- MA programs at the George Washington University that focus on applied economics and international economic policy
- The New School : MA/MS Degree Programs in International Affairs
- Silver Scholars Program, Yale School of Management
- PHD in Economics at the University of Florida
- Master in Finance at Princeton University
- Master of Science and Technology at ASU
- McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown
- School of Environment and Sustainability, University of Michigan
- Systems Engineering, Cornell