Jobs and Internships (all years)
- Pathways to Research and Doctoral Careers (PREDOC): A one-stop place where undergraduate students from any backgrounds can find all the information they need, including available RA job positions around the country, educational material to prepare for e.g. data tests, guidance on courses to take, testimonials, and more (posted 10/13/2020)
- Internships: The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Research Department is seeking summer interns to conduct statistical and economic analyses of current macroeconomic, microeconomic, financial and regional data, and provide research support to the economists (posted 10/1/2020)
- Research Internships: The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is seeking summer interns for 2021. Interns will learn about economics in the United States through the perspective of the Federal Reserve System (posted 9/29/2020)
- Graders: The Extension School is urgently seeking graders for course Mgmt E-2000, Principles of Finance (posted 9/22/2020)
- Qualitative Research Analyst Internship: Stevens Capital Management LP is offering full-time summer internships and part-time work throughout the school year. Available for qualified students at each of the undergraduate, masters, and PhD levels (reposted 10/7/2020)
- Internship and full post-grad opportunities: Avascent (reposted 10/7/2020)
- Research Assistants: Economics Studies Program at Brookings Institution is seeking research assistants for various projects (reposted 10/7/2020)
Jobs for Seniors
- Research Analyst: The Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is seeking a full time research research analyst (posted 10/16/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistant: Professors Ben Lockwood (University of Pennsylvania) and Dmitry Taubinsky (UC Berkeley) are seeking to hire a full-time research assistant for the coming academic year (2021-2022), with an option to renew for a second year. The research assistant will work on questions in Behavioral and Public Economics (posted 10/13/2020)
- Full Time Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow: Professor Marcella Alsan (HKS) is seeking a research fellow to start around summer 2021. This Research Fellow will support and collaborate on a series of projects related to health and development economics within and outside the United States (posted 10/13/2020)
- Research Fellowships: Opportunity Insights led by Raj Chetty (Harvard), John Friedman (Brown), and Nathaniel Hendren (Harvard) is seeking to hire several students. The position is two years long and begins around July 1, 2021. The deadline to apply is October 16th (posted 9/29/2020)
- Research Analysts: The Center for RISC at the University of Chicago is seeking analysts who will be responsible for learning about a wide variety of social issues and working with organizational partners to pilot unconventional solutions. Applications are due October 18th (posted 9/29/2020)
- Research Associates: The Research Division at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is seeking several full-time Research Associates along with several Summer Interns to begin Spring/Summer 2021 (posted 9/29/2020)
- Junior Fellowships: U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of International Affairs is seeking junior fellows. The Junior Fellowship program is a highly selective, fixed two-year program for new college graduates to work shaping international economic policy for the United States (posted 9/23/2020)
- Financial Analyst: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is seeking a financial analyst to begin July 2021.Director’s Financial Analysts are given the opportunity to hone analytical and problem-solving skills while helping to make markets for consumer financial products work for Americans (posted 9/22/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistants: The Board of Governors and the 12 Federal Reserve Banks are seeking to hire full time research assistants to begin Spring/Summer 2021. Research Assistants work closely with top economists on a variety of research questions and real-world policy issues while developing a toolkit beneficial for graduate study and future career paths (posted 9/22/2020)
- Full Time Research Associates: The Federal Reservce Bank of St. Louis is seeking to hire full time research associates and summer interns to begin Spring/Summer 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. The first round applications are due by October 2, 2020 (posted 9/11/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistants: Chicago Fed Research Department is seeking to hire a number of research assistants to start in Summer 2021. These positions are structured as a rigorous two-year research assistantship meant to provide empirical and theoretical skills in preparation for graduate school (posted 9/9/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistants: Stanford Law School Professors are seeking to hire full time research assistants to begin Summer 2021. Sucessful applicants will be matched with a specific professor based on background and interests (posted 9/8/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistant: Prof Daniel Benjamin, Prof. David Cesarini, Prof David Laibson, and co-authors are seeking to hire a full time research assistant to begin Summer 2021. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in genoeconomics and is likely to pursue a PhD in economics, genomics, statistics, data science, or a related field (posted 8/2/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistant: Prof Daniel Benjamin, Prof Miles Kimball, and co-authors are seeking to hire a full time research assistant at UCLA to begin Summer 2021. This position is ideal for individuals interested in behavioral economics research and are likely to pursue a PhD in economics (posted 8/2/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistants: MIT Professor Amy Finklestein is seeking full time research assistants to being Summer 2021 for two years as part of her research team. The position will entail close collaboration and assistance with all stages of empirical research in health economics (posted 8/31/2020)
- Full Time Research Assistants: The Brookings Institution’s Economic Studies Program is seeking to hire approximately six to eight new assistants. Research assistants are hired for two year appointments (posted 8/19/2020)
- Harvard Culture Lab Innovation Fund: Funding opportunities for advancing diversity, inclusion, and belonging through technology driven solutions. All Harvard students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and academic personnel are eligible to apply.
- All Harvard Fellowships from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowship
- Harvard College Funding Sources Database
- Harvard University CARAT (Common Application for Funding and Travel)
- Making the Most of Funding Sources at Harvard (Powerpoint)
- Various links for funding opportunities in economics
- Echoing Green Fellowships for funding opportunities social entrepreneurship
- Frank N. Newman Undergraduate Research Fund in Economics, rolling acceptance
- The Davis Center for research related to Russia and Eurasia.
- Ec Dept Undergraduate Research and Travel Fund, rolling acceptance (thesis writers only)
- IQSS-OTD Entrepreneurship Program
Seminars, Competitions, and Other Opportunities
Seminars, Workshops, and Conferences:
European Monetary Policy in a Challenging Environment Webinar: Harvard CES, Oct 19, 2020, 12:15pm ET. Hosted by Jens Weidmann (President, Deutsche Bundesbank), Beatrice Weder di Mauro (President, Centre for Economic Policy Research), Benjamin Friedman (Harvard Professor) and Hans-Helmut Kotz (Harvard Visiting Professor of Economics).
Harvard Undergrads for Inclusion in Economics Seminar Series: Join Harvard Undergrads for Inclusion in Economics in hearing from PhD students in the economics department as they present the research they're working on and discuss their path in economics! Sign-up to receive the zoom link and more info about the presentations.
Events: (none right now)
Journal Calls for Undergrad Papers:
- Center for Global Development Report: Publishing opportunities on topics of girls' education and female economic empowerment.
- The Duke University Journal of Philosophy, Politics, and Economics: Publishing opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
Competitions and Prizes:
- Harvard Prize Office Prize Descriptions, for student achievements (esp. great for thesis writers: if you need to send thesis comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brevia, Harvard College Undergraduate Research Associate Publication, holds competitions, interviews, and writing submissions throughout the year.
Career Panels and Advice:
- Harvard Undergraduate Inclusion in Economics is launching a peer mentorship program. Juniors and seniors will serve as mentors to first-years and sophomores. All years, concentrations and identities are welcome. Fill out this form to be paired.
Graduate School Advertisements
- Columbia Business School: Online classes in business
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Kellogg Future Leaders. MBA deferred enrollment program. This program is for undergraduate seniors and master’s students with no work experience who can apply (and be accepted) before they finish their degree.
- PhD in Operations Management, NYU Stern School of Business
- MA programs at the George Washington University that focus on applied economics and international economic policy
- The New School : MA/MS Degree Programs in International Affairs
- Silver Scholars Program, Yale School of Management
- PhD in Economics at the University of Florida
- Master in Finance at Princeton University
- Master of Science and Technology at Arizona State University
- McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown
- School of Environment and Sustainability, University of Michigan
- Systems Engineering, Cornell
The FRED Blog Visit the blog to learn more about FRED’s database, and get tips and lessons in data literacy.