Declaring Ec

How to Declare

Are you interested in declaring Ec or switching to Ec from another concentration?  You've come to the right place.  Declaring Economics is an easy 3-step process!

Annie Declares Ec in 3 Steps
  1. Submit a declaration or change of concentration request on my.harvard. Directions on how to do that are can be found here.
  2. Fill out a Declaration and Plan of Study Form. To make sure you're including all of the courses you need, see our Concentration Requirements or use our Requirements Worksheet.
  3. Meet with an Ec concentration advisor to review your form and approve your declaration. This must be done in person, but don't worry: we have tons of walk-in office hours!


Sophomore Declarations are due by November 8, 2018, but you can start before that.  Make sure to start your declaration early, so you have time to complete all three steps!

The last day for March 2019 degree candidates to change concentrations is November 16, 2018.  The last day for May and Nov 2019 degree candidates to change concentrations is April 1, 2019.