Below you will find information on the following topics.
Quick & Infrequent Visits
Access to Littauer, 1280 and the other Harvard buildings have been restricted, but infrequent visits are allowed to pick up items, mail, documents and other quick access needs upon request. All requests must be sent to the division for approval. If you need to request a quick visit, please contact the Front Office Staff at email@example.com.
- Each visit is usually scheduled for one hour between 8 am and 6 pm Mon-Fri, exceptions can be made based on the case and the permanence time can be adjusted based on specific needs. The access is coordinated by the Front Office Staff with the building manager with 2 days’ notice.
- There are protocols in place for entering Harvard buildings and a two-step procedure that *must* be completed by anyone before entering Campus:
- You must use your HUID for Littauer and 1280 Mass Ave entry. Please reach out to the Front Office Staff if you are unsure about your HUID activation and access can be granted.
Fall Access & Office Presence
While the vast majority of Harvard's community will continue to work remotely this Fall, the FAS Social Science Division will consider rare exceptions for the use of private offices to support research and other scholarly activity that cannot be conducted remotely. The available space is limited to no more than 10% capacity in each building. At this time, a Fall plan for limited office presence has been arranged and coordinated with the Division. The Department did its best to accommodate all requests in accordance with the safety rules in place to protect the health of the Department and the entire Harvard community. If you have questions, please reach out to the Economics Front Office Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harvard has implemented many operational changes to minimize your risk of exposure to COVID-19 while you occupy the building like enhanced custodial and cleaning practices, building system adjustments, and new installations of hand sanitizers. However, these ALONE will not maximize our ability to reduce the spread of this virus and each of the building occupants/visitors should collaborate in adherence with the basic COVID-19 prevention practices while on campus, including:
- Wearing a face covering to minimize droplet spread.
- Staying home when sick or symptomatic and self-monitor for symptoms.
- Practice good personal hygiene (frequent hand washing; cough/sneeze etiquette).
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet).
- Whenever possible; assist us by cleaning/disinfecting shared workspaces.
To minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, FAS Building Operations has implemented the following measures within our buildings:
- Installed signage to indicate multi-stall restrooms are single use only. All bathrooms are currently gender neutral.
- Propped open doors wherever possible, if/when privacy allows.
- At multi-stall restrooms where doors CANNOT be propped open, provided access to paper towels or tissues for occupants to use as a barrier for contact with door handles.
- Provided Wooden-block marker, painted red. User will move to threshold to announce their presence when restroom is occupied.
Hand Sanitizer Locations
Liquid hand sanitizer should be utilized when hand washing is not immediately possible. Below you will find a list with the locations of hand sanitizer stations in the Littauer.
- First floor main lobby: Free standing foot pedal dispenser
- First floor elevator: Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
- Sub‐basement elevator: (Fine Arts Library) Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
- Basement elevator: (Fine Arts Library) Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
- Ground floor elevator: Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
- Second floor elevator: Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
- Third floor elevator: Wall mounted, manual hand pump, on wall near elevator
All common areas in Littauer are closed, this includes the following:
- Kitchens (please note refrigerators CANNOT be used)
- 2nd floor copier room (238) * Please note that the copiers on the Mezzanine and ground floor are still open for use.
Other Information regarding common spaces:
- Installed signage throughout the building to inform staff and patrons of COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Installed signage at locations where altered circulation routes have been implemented.
- Furniture from reading rooms, conference rooms, cafés and common areas has been removed as required to discourage gathering and promote social distancing (where applicable).
- Reviewed elevator lobbies and elevator cabs for compliance with social distancing mandates. Use signage to promote social distancing.
If you need to make large printing orders please note that you are able to go to Littauer to use one of the Xerox copy machines, however you must first schedule a visit (see information above regarding building access). Please note that the second-floor copier is currently closed off, but you can use the Mezzanine printer or ground floor printer. There are instructions on how to use the machine posted nearby each machine. If you have questions on use or regarding your copy code please reach out to the front office team at email@example.com.
If you need to pick up office items, you are able to schedule a time to do so. The front office will be stocked and unlocked for entry. Please see the list below for allowable and non-allowable items.
- Office Supplies such as pens, paper, envelopes, notepads. All found in the front office.
- Equipment such as a printer or office chair.
- Large and heavy items such as desks and large printers.
- Also, please note that we are not able to purchase home office equipment with Harvard funds. This includes computer supplies and home office furniture.
Harvard Mail Services (HUMS) is still working on campus and delivering mail to departments. All mail in our department is currently kept in the Littauer mailroom. Once a mailbox reaches full capacity the mail will be moved to the individual’s office. HUMS can assist with mail delivery; all first-class mail can be forwarded for free and non first-class mail can be sent but comes with a charge.
If you plan to commute to Campus, please visit Harvard Transportation & Parking for info and updates https://www.transportation.harvard.edu/commuterchoice and consult the 2020 Commute to Campus Toolkit.
The Department Parking Pass is unavailable for use for the Fall semester.
Employees who extended their annual parking permits should continue displaying their current hang tag through December 31, 2020. Your facility access will also be extended until the end of the year. The FY21 annual permit renewal website will open mid-September. New permits will be delivered in early December. Payroll deductions for extended permit holders ended in June and will restart in January 2021. Click here for more information.
If you cancelled your annual parking permit this spring, you will need to reapply when you return to campus. Click here for more details.
Please feel free to reach out to the Front Office Staff if you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617-495-2144. Below is a list of links that can help keep you stay informed.
Harvard University Health Services Home page: https://huhs.harvard.edu
Harvard University EH&S : https://www.ehs.harvard.edu/node/8446
Harvard Health and Wellbeing Home Page: https://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/health‐wellbeing
Harvard Covid‐19 Posters and Table Tents: https://www.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/content/coronavirus_CDC_HUHS_posters_2_Accessibile.pdfHarvard University Health Services Self‐Isolation Guide: https://huhs.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/Self‐Isolation_Guidance.pdf
Please note that all administrative staff will be working remotely for the duration of the Fall Semester, which also means there will not be a physical presence in the Front Office. However, the virtual Front Office remains open, with the following hours:
Tuesday – Thursday 7:30am-5pm
HUIT is also working remotely and they are unable to provide in person help at this time. To receive assistance please reach out to HUIT Service Desk email@example.com or call 617-495-9000 for remote help.